Operations Manager - Full Time Postition
Certainly Wood is the largest firewood producer in the UK, based in Herefordshire and specializing in the processing and drying of 20,000 tonnes of kiln dried firewood and production of Flamers natural firelighters. This fast-moving business that sells its products throughout the UK is looking to increase its skilled workforce within the manufacturing operation.
Based in Herefordshire – HR2 9JJ
£25-£30k per annum plus benefits Full time / Permanent
In support of our continued growth we are looking to expand our kiln drying operation at our plant just outside Hereford. As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for the running of the kiln drying and bulk packing operation.
Specifically some key responsibilities will include:
- Operating and maintaining the two biomass boilers and 7 kilns.
- Organising the kiln timings to ensure maximum output of all kilns
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Running a small team of operatives
- Upholding rigorous health and safety standards
- Ensuring all site compliance checks are planned, completed and followed up as required.
- Ensuring all quality standards are measured and maintained.
Ideally you will need to have a thorough understanding of biomass boilers, but will certainly need to be very practical and quick to learn new systems and operations. In addition you will need to have:
- High personal work standard and keen attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A firm commitment to continual improvement
- The ability to work under pressure and maintain high standards of product quality
- Forklift and teleporter operator qualifications
In return you can look forward to a long-term career in an exciting sector and an expanding business. As well as a very competitive salary, this position includes other benefits such as:
- Generous employee bonus scheme
- Health Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Discounted rates on Certainly Wood products
- Funded learning and career development opportunities
- Relocation costs will not be covered but assistance can be provided
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.